Thinking of setting up an extender at your home or office? Congrats, you are at right place. Here, in this post you will get step to step instructions on “how to setup Netgear WiFi Extender”. The most important things that you should keep in mind before setting up the Netgear extender are:
- Place your extender and wifi router in the same room.
- Make sure that your extender is getting proper power supply.
- Make sure you have workable home wifi network.
- It is important to have more than web browser is installed in your computer or laptop. A situation may come when you fail to login the extender setup page due to the web browser issue. That time you can easily switch to another web browser.
You can setup the Netgear extender via two methods: manual method and WPS method. Let’s discuss both the methods one by one.
Netgear Extender Setup: Manual Method
- Plug in your extender in electrical outlet and turn on it.
- Connect your extender with your device.
- Open the network manager and connect to Netgear_ext network.
- Open any web browser in your system.
- Type www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 login in your web browser and press enter.
- Create an account if you don’t have already.
- Choose the network that you want to extend.
- Click on the next button.
- At last click on the finish button to complete the setup of Netgear extender.
Netgear Extender Setup: WPS Method:
- Power on your extender.
- Locate the WPS button of your extender and press it for some time.
- Push the WPS button given on the existing router.
- When the LED turns in strong green light in both, it means router configured with the extender properly.
- Finally connect to the extender network.
- Use the same password as that of the network of your router.
- You can check the Netgear extender manual for the default username and password.
- Now your devices with extender network and enjoy seamless internet connection all over the hosue and office.
In case you still can’t setup your Netgear extender, feel free to get in touch with our technicians at My WiFi Ext Fix.