In this modern world, with all the latest in engine technology, the use of hydraulic cylinders played a major role in a variety of applications. This system is a simple arrangement of piston and cylinder capable of lifting heavy objects. Most parts of the car or heavy machine functions on the principle of hydraulics. There are several other mechanisms such as bulldozers, elevators, excavators and forklifts that use industrial hydraulic cylinders as well.
The system is available in various sizes, for example, when installed in a car, they are available in small sizes, whereas, in applications such as garbage trucks or heavy bulldozers they are available in larger sizes for smooth maneuverability and easy lifting. However, all share common cylinder components, repair and maintenance procedures.
Hydraulic Cylinder System Failure Causes
• A piston rod bent can overload the hydraulic system.
• Due to the use of a consistent length, there can be a gap in the system.
• Also, due to persistent wear and tear, the seal of the hydraulic cylinder may crack or break.
• It's possible to get a broken piston ring.
• Every time you indulge in some cylinders repair work, keep your repair tool kit ready for use. Normally, a tool kit consists of lubrication, a new shaft seal with O-shaped ring and a new cylinder rod.
How to Improve Hydraulic Cylinder
Dis-assembly: Remove the cylinder of the engine. Open the cover of the cylinder using a bolt or screw and remove the piston from the cylinder. Now loosen the inlet valve to reduce pressure and shear piston shaft outside direction to let go completely.